It's Friday. Linking up with Jen.
1. I have a luh-hot to say today. Buckle UP.
2. First day of summer! I think now would be a good time to change our flannel sheets? Simon says ...... hell yes.
2. Okay let me see how complicated I can spin this web of siblings and in-laws and bffs. Here we goOooooOOoOOOOoOo .....
and her clan. Her boys are eleven months apart and yet she lets me vent about my needlings by way of email/text almost daily. She's my people and she's the best.
We were partners in crime in DC back in the day ...
okay well this was the weekend I got married but I couldn't resist showing off my hands free cellie (it was purple metallic) ... anyway if it weren't for Ruth I would probably still be standing in the apartment she single-handedly moved me out of (and into a respectable townhouse with some other ladies) six years ago because she gets-shit-done and I do not. Again, the best.
SO ... I met her through my college roomie and friend Liza ... because Liza's brother is married to Ruth's sister ... I know you're following. You're smart.
Liza and her huz. They just had the cutest little baby boy. Thee cutest.
Anyway -- Liza and I were enemies in college (I was and still am very mature) but then we moved in together (along with Anna!) and quickly became inseparable. She brought me home to New Jersey for Thanksgivings when I couldn't make it back to NM and even though she is one of 9 kids they always made me feel so welcome and at home and it was great.
Visiting Liza in the Big Apple for her birthday. Why I make friends with girls that have the best hair is something I need to ponder. Does little for the hair esteem.
Liza has a brother named Pete (or Peter -- some call him Peter, I think) and he went to the same college ...
Okay, Pete is the groom and the lady in white his is wife, Rachel. I met her once and she can tear it UP on the dance floor. Plus - look at that dress. I don't know who those other people are but I yanked this off of Facebook so -- thank you other people.
Back in college Peter found out he had bone cancer (I'll let him take it from here)
"Ten years ago (4/2/03), I underwent a pretty radical surgery as part of my fight against bone cancer. I decided to have a modified amputation called rotationplasty in order to totally remove the part of my leg that had a bone tumor, and to also have the greatest chance of resuming athletics in the future.
It's been a long road toward improved mobility, but thankfully, each year I feel like the realm of what's "physically possible" seems to expand a bit more, largely thanks to the encouragement of my friends, inspiration of other challenged athletes, & the help of my top notch prosthetist.
SO this year, in celebration and gratitude for 10 years of life as a survivor, I am going to compete in my first triathlon. "
(this is Grace again) ... You can read more about the triathlon and the great cause here. If you can spare some lettuce - he'd be forever grateful AND if you live in the NYC/Jersey area ... go cheer him on! Do it!!
You know I don't use the word "inspiring" ever but his attitude in college was just that. And he was pretty great to put up with me and Liza's shenanigans. Oh ... he didn't ask me to put this up I just wanted an excuse to go through zillions of old Facebook albums. Thanks Pete.
4. The other night I noticed I had a lot of traffic coming from a parenting forum. I clicked over and saw that someone was talking smack about Bash getting into the deodorant .... yawn. No one responded to the smack typer PLUS if they'd actually read the post they'd know that it was Simon's fault. Anyway ... Simon dropped the ball again last night as he scolded me for leaving the new jar of peanut butter on the couch and THEN he put it up on the (super safe!!!) counter before sitting down to chat for five minutes. Maybe four. You see where this is going.
We soon heard giggling coming from the basement and normally the kids just scream and fight and bite each other so I knew something was very wrong because they don't do harmony.
I went downstairs and found this ...
Whatever. I was just glad that it wasn't the contents of a diaper.
Pretty much the entire jar of peanut butter was strewn all over the basement. Simon wondered if maybe it would be easier to let it dry into "peanut brittle" and then just vacuum it but he didn't wait to see and cleaned it up. Julia's hair is still getting a deep conditioning treatment several hours later ...
5. I'm marinating some chicken right now so that Simon can grill it tonight. I've never done such a thing so I thought you should know. I'm also making this bomb salad that Maria thought up. I'll graduate from horrible homemaker to mediocre homemaker before you can yell, "shut up."
6. I don't want to give anything away but rumor around the Camp is that Simon might be making his outfit post debut this weekend .... things to look forward to. He is very excited, as you can imagine.
7. Oh! This season of the Bachelorette is officially the worst EVER. I hate it and you know how much I love it. Ashley more than makes up for it though ... love her.
Have a nice weekend if you dare. I'm going to try.