Linking up with Jennifer over at Conversion Diary. You know how I do.
1. When I was little (but old enough to remember so maybe ... 10? ... so medium age) we had just outgrown the minivan and had graduated to a suburban (before we saw the light and upgraded to the 15 passenger) but hadn't sold the minivan yet. You follow?
Okay well my mom strapped us all into the suburban for a fun trip to Allsup's to get slushies or something because she was a fun mom (a trait I did not inherit) and then ran back into the house to grab something ... came back out ... popped into the minivan and went down to the gas station (literally down the street -- we lived in a small small small town - don't judge her too harshly) and didn't realize she was alone until she parked. I didn't understand that kind of spacey until last night when I went to the store alone to buy trash bags and came home with no trash bags but ingredients to make bran muffins. The kids - they suck the brain dry.
2. Part II of Kate's love story is up and it is thee best. (Even Simon read part I and admitted that he couldn't wait for part dos). Git.
3. I know I always sing the praises of this hair powder but the regular grocery store sells this stuff now and it's a lot cheaper (in the store! online it appears to be more expensive - riddle me that) and does the same thing. In case you're in the market for a good hair powder if your hair is limp and boring like mine.
4. I think two people liked my first running playlist so of course that encouraged DJ Grase to make another. It's bad. Akon, Tiesto, and a little Flaming Lips for your cooldown. Real bad.
5. I know there are a lot of giveaways that go down here at el Camp and this weekend I'll be adding to the pile but I think you'll like. It's not one of my children but ... even better.
And they are a hard thing to top.
I know you want a pretty boy update so I'm happy to report that he finally rolled from front to back -- once. He won't repeat but at this rate he'll be crawling in approximately 12-18 months which is just fine with this stage mom. I hate the crawling stage.
7. We got a sitter for tonight (Julia is going to be sorely disappointed when George the Dragon doesn't show up at 7:30 because that is exactly how she translated "Jordan the babysitter") and so we're going to responsibly drink alcohol and revel in the fact that Simon is not at the hospital. Maybe I'll even trick Simon into cutting a rug. We'll see.
Have a wild one.
I know how you are and I know that you will.