Joining Jen over at Conversion Diary for another installation of quick takes. You should too.
1. Hmmmmmmmmmm ... to type about Thanksgiving or not to type about Thanksgiving? Let's use Sunshine's morning faces to analogize ...
It started out like ...
and then we got to see Simon and eat some traditional Thanksgiving fare ...
and then things took a tumble for the frustrating and all of a sudden there was a diaper situation and a curling iron (styling wand?) burn and toddlers fighting like a senile married couple and and a never ever ending stream of super duper urgent unintelligible needs and I don't know ...
I was just embarrassingly proud of myself for not succumbing to the lure of the Netflix-sitter before the hour of 6pm and serving a dinner of chicken nuggets WITH "thomas" (hummus) and ice cream (yogurt) instead of a dinner of solely chicken nuggets, one child was bathed at one point in the day, and I learned to never not be extremely grateful for any future years that Simon doesn't work Thanksgiving or Christmas. Onward and upward and not looking backward on Thanksgiving 2k12 with fond memories. Oh vell.
2. Let's talk about something more American than Thanksgiving ... TV!! While I wait patiently for the really best best shows to return in January (ahem, Downton and the Bachelor) I've been faithful to my Hulu watching while sort of working out to my muted exercise muses on our little screen TV.
3. We'll start with Nashville ... How can you not adore Connie Britton?
How can you stand Hayden Panettiere?
If they could just stop the whole political plot line and focus more on el music and the romance ... I wouldn't complain one single bit. This is probably my favorite show right now. Probably. Although I do love ...
4. The Mindy Project ... Simon doesn't love it but I think Mindy Kaling is hilario.
5. Call the Midwife ... I've only watched the pilot but this is as close to a Downton substitute that I've found for now.
6. Parenthood ... (Ellen wrote allllll about it here -- best to read her take). Every single one of the characters, except for Julia's husband Joel, annoys me but this is still the show I check for new episodes week after week so they can't really annoy me that much. There have been too many tear jerking moments with Kristina's cancer and I am emotionally invested enough that if she dies I just might be a big puddle of devastated. Let's keep her around ... if only for her weirdly perfect stay at home mom hair
that I can only assume is to to make up for Haddie's hair-trocity ... ?
7. Modern Family ... Not as funny this year as seasons past but still funny enough to keeeeeeeep on watching. I appreciate Gloria's pregnancy induced crazy and am willing to bet a lot of money that she has a girl. Cam will forever be my favorite character and I just want to shackle Clare to a wall and feed her multiple doses of chill pills.
Are there any true gems I'm missing? Probably. Am I feeding my soul heaping helpings of edification by watching all of this trash? Super probably.
Go see Jen for more and muchas gracias to all the pretty ladies for linking up yesterday (you still have 21 days to do so if you want to join the fiesta loca) ... I found lots of new blogs to read in between sessions of french braiding Julia's hair and listening to Sebastian read aloud from his favorite chapter book.