1. You were all so helpful back when we were still looking for a minivan ... I thought I'd repay your kindness by giving you an unsolicited update on how we are liking minivan living. I love it. Could I live without it? Absolutely. Do I want to? Never ever again!!!!! We found a great deal on an 04 Odyssey and we are 100% spoiled with remote sliding doors, heated seats, and a DVD player (that is shamelessly used as an incentive/bribery tactic on call weekends when I just need a moment of Dora-filled semi-silence on the interstate). I guess that's it. All thumbs way up.
2. You were also all so super kind and generous with your votes in the Soon Maternity Challenge and I was so excited to find out that I was the winner this past week. Thank you thank you thank you!! I was insanely intimidated by the competition and really appreciate your clicks and comments. The hilarious and adorable Elaine won the $150 gift card for voting - congrats to her!
3. Only to the third take and I'm already typing a blank ... we've covered minivans and maternity clothes ... what else is there? Here's a clip of Julio voluntarily counting (in case you aren't friends with my mom on Facebook and haven't been lucky enough to view) in Spanish with absolutely no help at all. I blame (Juan) Diego and Dora.
4. And so Sebastian doesn't feel left out ... here's what he does 89 times in a row in his spare time when we're waiting for Simon at the hospital. If you're lucky enough to cross his path he will run right up to you and give you a big hug and a nuzzle in your neck if you'll allow it. He knows no strangers -- male, female, brunette, or blonde. It's getting weird and I'm sorry if you've encountered his overzealous affection recently.
5. There were some adorable babies-o-bloggers born this past week. A huge congrats to Janssen on the birth of adorably chubby Ani and to Amber on the arrival of her sweet twin girls, Parker and Jolie. Almost too much cute to handle.
6. These kids aren't stupid.
7. And now that I've typed these ridiculous takes I am just now learning of the sickening tragedy that occurred in Connecticut earlier today. What a nightmare. I'm not an eloquent wordsmith and it has been said much butter by many others already but my heart and prayers go out to all those involved (especially those poor parents). What a sad reminder that life is so very, very precious.