1. So we're finally pulling the trigger, biting the bullet, whatever the whatever and buying a new air conditioner. Yay --- funnest purchase ever. The guy was going to come over "for 30 minutes" to walk me through different options and give me quotes (and I was fully prepared with my "we just want basic - not a bell or whistle in sight - please and thank you!" speech to be delivered with a smile) but after 4 minutes of sitting at the table with the big kids as they ate lunch and Julia peppered him with questions like, "are you a mans?" (I don't know if he was a day over 19 so ... jury's out there) he popped up from his chair and told me he'd just email the quotes instead.
Come on, Scott, you can't hang with the crazies?
No, he was really nice and polite and I appreciated that he didn't give me the deets on different units because no comprendo that kind of prattle. He sent quotes that are a bit cheaper than we'd anticipated - never happens so .... bright sides abounding.
2. I'm still loving reading all of the love stories that are linked up over here.
3. Okay ... the Bachelorette. Why is the Men Tell All a week early? I'm fairly certain that they normally have it narrowed down to two people when they air this episode, right? Something is rotten and fishy in the state of the franchise and I don't like it. I guess my pick is eh ... Drew minus a bottle of hair product? I was leaning more toward Chris but after that bizarre nasal treatment his father gave him combined with him saying "brb" in serious conversation ..... toast. Good thing it's up to me. Ashley has the whole hilarious scoop - like always. Checker.
4. I Googled "depuff face" in the middle of the night because me and insomnia are bff+e and I woke up feeling like my face had been stung by a bee - minus the pain - plus the puff. I found this awesome list of masks and scrubs and I have alllllll of the stuff in my kitchen. Fancy that. I've only done the coffee + honey but can't wait to try the rest and listen to Julia's observations ... "well, maybe, you just got some dirt on your face maybe." Yep.
5. So I've never even met Kayla in real life (or IRL if we're getting internetty uh-round here) but she sent me a BirchBox subscription for my upcoming birthday. Nicest lady alive. (also the edgiest - check out her totally functional and grocery store friendly ways to wear faux leather) I had to laug - ahem LOL when I opened it because ...
my kryptonite. I love it. (and it's a good thing it came with nail polish because ... nook at dat half naked thumbelina)
I had a lot of fun filling out my "beauty profile" ...
I'll take everything, please.
Anyway ... best gift ever ever.
6. Another phenomenal blogger that I've never met but grown to love is Shana over at Ain't No Mom Jeans. Even if you aren't big into caring about the latest trends Shana's blog is still totalllllly worth reading because she's quick and hilarious and relatable and as real as they come. It's a good thing Philly is faaaaar away because I'd be knocking on her door faster than she could say "we need to move AWAY." She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy last week and she's been putting on the bravest face despite the fact that her recovery looks like pure hell according to her grams. She kindly let me guest post and if you don't want to click over and commit to reading a long post - fear not! I thought it was going to be a mashup of posters so I kept it short for once in my life.
7. Okay. Giving up. If this post is totally incoherent it's because Sebastian now takes the world's shortest naps
^^^ oh, are you tired? I'm so sorry.
that don't even qualify for kitten status and he always finds a way to wake Theo ...
^^^ who be like ... thanxalot.
and tries to wake Sleeping Beauty but nothing will get in the way of her four hour siestas because she is her father's daughter.
Off to buckle my fun belt because Simon isn't even close to starting his last notshort surgery of the day so ................ TGIF-it.