Joining Jen for another round of the takes over at Conversion Diary today. Don't act surprised.
1. I LOVED and appreciated all of your comments on yesterday's post. As Erica commented, a better question probably would've been, "who ISN'T embarrassed by their blog?" It's a pleasure to be in such great, embarrassed company. Bloggers fist bump or a forehead to forehead touch (Sebastian's version of a kiss) or something terribly corny.
2. Simon and I watched Celeste and Jesse Forever last night. Barring some VERY inappropriate scenes (so if you watch it -- think less of me -- but know that I warned you!!) but we both really liked it which is really rare. I love a good rom com and Simon humors me (I recently subjected him to Bachelorette which was TERRIBLE -- strongly do NOT recommend so he was skeptical) but they aren't his thing and this was the perfect mix of rom, com, and dram. Also, if I could look like Rashida when I grow up - that'd be great.
3. Sebastian burned his hand really bad on my curling iron last night and he has the blister to show for it today. It was totally my fault because I was curling my hair when someone needed something and then I got distracted and started making dinner for the kids and Sebastian looked mischievous, grabbed a spatula and a colander and before I knew it he was screaming in the hallway outside of the bathroom biting his super red hand. I've felt guilty before but this really reached a whole new level of terrible. He would only stop crying if we took him outside .... happy as a clamlet (footage).
His leggings have lace adorning the ankles and at one point he was dragging his purple fuzzy blanket behind him down the middle of the street as every single neighbor pulled into their driveway and Simon was super thrilled when he pulled up to the scene du jour.
4. Julia was sitting on the kitchen counter this morning watching me make breakfast and got her finger caught in the can opener. The more she struggled to get it free the more she screamed. I got her finger out and looked at it with one eye half open (I really am such an infant about blood) to make sure her finger tip was still intact before I gave in to her comfort food of "milk in a bottle" in her crib with a Dora band aid (on her shirt - never ever on the wound). So overall .... I'm feeling very confident about my guardian skills.
5. I e-signed some official looking petition protesting the shut down of Google Reader. I'm very sure that it's going to be wildly effective and we won't have to decide between Feedly and Bloglovin'. Worry not.
6. Sean + Catherine Forever. I LOVED the finale but I hate that Sean is doing DWTS. It's bringing back nightmares of Jake Pivelka and I just want him to marry Catherine and have the cutest babies in the world and live happily ever after. I'm really happy they aren't making us wait another million months before Desiree's season starts. I am that show's target audience. I can't get enough and I'll just go ahead and own that sad fact.
7. I know I've pounded out some boring posts in my day but this just might be the worst. Forgive me.
I hope your weekend isn't terribly disappointing.