You know those 5 things posts going around Instagram? Kayla tagged me but then I forgot to do it because I don't know - kids. Then Bridget tagged me in a blog post and I sat up straight because you just don't go around ignoring blog tags. And because this blog isn't already one big narcissistic Grace Bomb .... here's more:
1. I'm painfully shy. Super shy. There's a mom down the street with two little boys that is always outside when I walk/run by with my brood and it would seem to be a friendship marriage match made in heaven. Nope. I'd rather die than stop and introduce myself as she enthusiastically waves and smiles. Same goes for the neighbor girl that is always outside with her dog ... I keep a LOW profile and try not to make eye contact. My hell was speech class in college ... hell. The internet is the perfect place for me and inhibits real life friendships. Terrible.
2. I'm the oldest of seven kids. Daniel (27) lives in DC and works during the day (I would say where but he got mad at me for putting his last name up on the blog once - which is the same as my former last name ... ) and is getting his Master's at night. He has his act way more together than I ever will. Emily (23) lives in Denver and nannies and is headed to India soon. She's hilarious. Paul (19) is a freshman at Benedictine and I'm pretty sure he stole my athletic ability because I have none and he is the consummate athlete. Andrew (17) is a junior in high school and is a stellar tennis player, cross country runner, and diaper changer when we visit. Peter (15) is a freshman in high school. He is a character and I love him for it. Sarah is 13 and is in seventh grade. Her voice rivals that of Adele's -- according to her omniscient biggest sister.
3. My first job was at Hot Dog on a Stick. You know -- in the food court at the mall.
4. I saw Britney Spears up close one time. Back when she was the reigning queen of pop. I was working at one of her concerts (Hot Dog on a Stick traveled occasionally!) and before the concert started she walked out to our booth in one of her denim on denim on denim ensembles. She was really pretty and I've never been so starstruck.
5. I married up. WAY up. The other day when I wanted to die he brought me greasy food and coconut water and I saw later on his phone that he had googled, "best food for a hangover." Keeper.
I tag Jessie, Erica, Kayla, Ana, and Ash.
Don't ignore me.