1. that title is a bit misleading because while I'll play the TGIF game - I have to semi-shamefully admit that I prefer the weekmiddle at this point in time. The little kids and I are in a decent groove while the older kids are at school and you know how I love a solid routine (do you? I don't know) and Simon's schedule is a total dream but talk to me again in December and I might be singing a different tune.
2. Bosco is officially our longest non-walker and pretty proud of it. I think he could walk if he wanted to but it's just so much faster and more efficient to crawl and he knows that his mom is a total sucker and will carry him everywhere he needs to go - as will Julia and Sebastian and (unfortunately) Phoebe.
3. How did I make it through two takes without talking about Whole30? Serious restraint and determination - that's how! I'm only on day 5 but so far - it's been my best Whole30 yet? Dare I say that and jinx it all to total hell? I dare. I will say I'm going to miss drinking at an Oktoberfest this weekend but I'll survive. You know I have a little post brewing about changes I've made this time around but one of my best moves was to buy a couple of compliant condiments. I KNOW I can make them but - I didn't and I have no regrets.
4. (stretching it into two? you better believe it) I know someone kindly mentioned the Well Fed blog and I am eternally grateful because it has been so helpful. Never did I ever think I'd be such a huge, huge fan of salmon cakes but here we are. Salmon cheerleader status: varsity. I have all three of her books at the tippy top of my wish list.
5. Thank you for all of your emails with blog questions! I had hoped to have the post up this week but I was busy making salmon cakes so, but it's in the works - I pinky e-promise.
6. On the sale front this week, I'm sure you've seen that the ShopBop Sale (use code: MAINEVENT16) is going strong at the moment (use code: MAINEVENT16). I've got my eye on some destroyed denim and some short rain boots (rain booties? bootlets?).
7. Two of my brothers are in town and the kids are loving life and you better believe I'm going to con Andrew into taking a big fat bevy of photos. Gird your pupils for Monday.
oh! no book update this week but has anyone lightning read Jodi Picoult's new one? I'm so curious to hear what people think!
Okay - have a wonderful weekend!!
linking up with Kelly!