shirt - c/o Mindy Mae's Market
purse - c/o Lily Jade
photos by my prodigy of a daughter, Julia.
jkjkjk - credit goes to the lovely, oh SO lovely, Laura.
1. Obviously these photos were taken before I cut my hair and normally after I cut my hair I really, really regret it and pine for long locks once again but this time - nope. I just wish I'd done it sooner. I never understood why people complained about doing their hair only to have the humidity ruin it -- but NOW I DO -- as evidenced above. The shorter chop helps a little. Less to ruin.
2. I'm typing for all to see because it's time I admit that I have a serious problem. I can't stop drinking Diet Dr. Pepper and um, I need to stop. I don't know how it happened but the habit has spiraled completely out of control and I'm going to have to quit cold turkey. Just as sooooon as the Costco case is gone. Can't let the poisonous nectar go to waste.
3. I've made no secret about the fact that I love reading beauty blogs/reviews and watching tutorials and consequently have tried really hard to use and love foundation. I've tried cheap stuff, pricey stuff, fancy brushes, blenders, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g but ... I don't like it. Blythe turned me onto this tinted gel and I just mix it with a bit of ultra sheer daily defense moisturizer from Paula's Choice and I love it. I'll grow up one of these days.
4. I spent my time at the gym on the treadmill this morning Googling and watching and thoroughly enjoying Jojo and Jordan interviews. I need help.
5. As someone who was staunchly opposed to the idea of texting (why not just call?! lol - oh how times have changed) -- I'm predictably being a total scrooge about the IG story feature only because I don't need another reason to stare at my phone. I'll start using it one of these days and I've wasted an embarrassing amount of time watching everyone else's stories today but -- I liked Snapchat in Snapchat land. I'll come around, I'm sure.
6. I have a couple books to read before I get to it but I'm DYING to read Truly Madly Guilty. I mean - I'm not dead - but ALMOST. Almost.
7. I don't know why or how this happened but up until a couple of weeks ago Bosco was still in a crib in our room. We have plenty of bedrooms and we're all about kids sharing rooms so why? Why did I let it go on so long? He's out now and we're all sleeping better and I can wash my face with the bathroom light ON and read books by the light of a lamp and it's all very glorious. Caveat - of course. If you keep your kids in your room until they're 18 - you do you. I'm just a selfish b and hate tip toeing around and tripping on my shoes in the dark. End caveat.
8. I was going to wait until tonight to tackle our Kilimanjaro of a laundry pile and watch Bachelor in Paradise but I might have to do a little sneak peek (or shall I pull a pun and say peak? not funny, G) before I wake the little jet lagged angels from their naps. I juuuuust might.
Off I trot.