1. I went through the vast majority of yesterday really and genuinely thinking it was Friday so today feels a little redundant and extra celebratory. We have family coming to visit and it's like Julia born yesterday because Simon and I told the kids about the visit weeks ago ... mistake. Until you can measure the arrival countdown in minutes ... it's best to just say nothing or risk nonstop questions and vocalized disappointment over the visit that is still a milllllllion years away. But, today's the day! Thank goodness.
2. I didn't want to type about it last week because Simon is big on jinxing things BUT the van broke down (again crying face emoji) two weeks ago and Simon totally took charge, YouTubed how to fix it, bought the part, borrowed a necessary tool from a neighbor, and fixed it! It might not be that impressive to you who are skilled at that sort of thing but color this girl impressed and grateful that we were spared a rather costly repair.
3. In the middle of the van break down and Simon having the big kids take turns turning they key in the ignition while he diagnosed the problem ... the troops were hollering for dinner and Theo wanted to be held for many minutes on end and refused to give up the dream.
So, I strapped him on my back (probably reallllly pushing the Beco carrier weight limit) which led Phoebe to garner an interest in being worn (she tolerated it at best as a baby) because that's how little minds work around here.
4. Something other than Patton prattle!! I hope you saw this floating around Facebook but it deserves all the e-accolades, standing ovations, and amens in the world. Worth the click and read. I promise.
5. I'm in a terrible, terrible book rut. I've started 1/2 a dozen books only to have them be disappointing duds. I'm months away from getting any of my holds at the library but I'm tempted to but this new release by Curtis Sittenfeld. I've read a few meh reviews though. If you'd read anything great - I'd love to hear about it!!
6. I loved this post by Bridget on easy activities for young kids + toddlers. I will definitely be copycatting. No shame, ever.
7. My favorite skincare line is having a sale right now (and they have the best return policy -- so I love trying out new things risk-free after scouring the reviews) ... if it weren't for this system I think my face would still be sadly reminiscent of my acne ridden high school and college days and this exfoliant has cleared up the vast majority of said acne scarring. You can get $10 off your first order using my link but no pressure, ever - of course!
7.5 Bless Theo's little heart because he takes thee best naps but wakes up in thee worst mood. But! We've come to an understanding in the past couple of days that if he can get up and have an apple (or banana - kitchen inventory dependent) and some time alone and away from Phoebe (lol) then he's good. Life changing for everyone, crazy at it may sound. I snapped this yesterday of our newly minted happy post-nap camper ...
And with that, I will leave you. I've got a pack of baby wipes calling my bathroom cleaning name. Don't tell me you don't do it TOO. Please don't.
Have a good one!