1. Happy 14th Birthday to my youngest sister, Sarah!!
I was almost 16 when she was born so I'll let you do that math and know that I suddenly feel positively geriatric. Hopefully she'll give me an Instagram lesson in cool before I succumb to the shoes with the orthotic soles or heel springs.
2. I normally skim and delete the Zulily emails (link to an invite to join - ignore if you're already a member of the elite) but I noticed that several different styles of Kork-Ease boots and sandals are 55% off until Monday. That's like the price of a nice pair of Target heels ... not that Target heels are cheap these days but the Kork-Ease are so comfortable. Here's a pair I scored on eBay and if I ever find this pair for a steal/formerly loved - I'll smile WIDE. Enough about that.
3. Only the third take and I'm drawing a complete and total blank. I'll just be frank and admit that I'm trying really hard to have a betterish attitude about this call weekend but I'm having a really hard time. Still lots of hours to turn that frown upside blah blah blah blah.
4. Oh, duh! The Bachelorette. I'm scared this is going to be my least loved season of all time. Des was handed a bunch of doofuses on a platter and I'm worried she won't find her prince charming and a happy ending to her Cinderella story. If Jones wasn't doing a brilliant job with her recaps (one so far but she has every iota of my good faith) I might be tempted to skip for the first time since Alex's inaugural season. Call me many things but do not call me undedicated to my quality programming.
5. I fit all of Julia's hair into a (singular) ponytail last night.
Look at us go. Next this mommy blogger is going to drone on about how she's really hoping the answer to her 5-month-old's sleeping through the night woes is rice cereal. She really, really hopes.
6. I really should take a cue from the smart bloggers that step away from the keyboard on the days they have nothing to say because this post is going nowhere at the speed of a bleepbulb.
7. When your boxes of diapers start coming with not so gentle potty training nudges ...
... via samples (that had Julia 50 shades of curious last night) you start to feel lots of emotions and "I'm not a total failure of a mother" is not one of them. I'll let you know when the deed is done in several months -- lest I jinx the past 15 hours of progress.
Go see Jen for less bleh.