Joining Jen because it's Friday and that's the way things go around here. I'm a creature of habit and I can't quit her.
1. My new phone came in the mail but I can't get it to activate and it keeps telling to call this 1-800 number and I'm like ....... you are the dumbest device alive because you ARE my call making device. Whatev. The world will live another day without 88 instagrams of my kids doing something probably not very cute.
2. Here's something much cheerier for you to sip on ...
Kayla pulled together an awesome roundup of bloggers dressing like their favorite book character in honor of National Book Lovers Day. Everyone did such a great job minus me. Go check which character I rolled wit ...
3. Let's talk about music. Or I'll type about music. I strongly dislike/hate/loathe the Blurred Lines song. I don't know about the lyrics but I've gleaned that they are not the greatest from a few blog posts around the internitty but the beat kills me in the worst way. All I want is a little top 40 to bump in the minivan but when every station is playing Blurred Awful it breaks my heart. I will admit that I didn't love the cups/when I'm gone song initially but now I love it. Love. Also - I love that movie. So hilarious.
4. I feel like I'm always quick to report when strangers say not the nicest things when they see me and the kids out and about so I'll tell you about a little exchange that happened this morning lest I'm accused of being all things doomy and gloomy.
I was pushing the kids up a hill in the chariot ...
(this is from Wednesday but they're probably wearing similar articles if not the exact same articles of clothing today)
... when a cop approached in his squad car (correct terminology?). Even though I wasn't in the van I was still nervous he was going to pull me over for not having one of the kids strapped in as snugly as they could be or being over capacity in the faux fur blankie department. Something. And he DID slow his car down and rolled down the window and my heart sped up and slowed down all at the same time -- you know what I'm talking about. He asked the requisite, "are they all yours?!" and when I told him the truth he just responded with a whistle and, "you're a hell of a woman" ... which is the FURTHEST thing from the truth but still ... such a pleasant departure from the usual comments. Thanks Mr. Policeman!
5. Pass. I have a strong and kicky headache that is casting a boring shadow over this post as it is. Sorry.
6. Have you watched anything great or even mediocre on Netflix or Hulu recently? I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions. I'm sure it makes me the most dull human ever but I can't get into Dr. Who or The Walking Dead (Walking Dead?) but other than that ... I'm GAME.
7. I can't believe we have to wait until January for The Bachelor. Cruel.