Filling in for H-H-H-Hallie while she enjoys some time with her visiting family and sweet baby (and newly baptized!) Charlie. I love reading people's Five Favorites posts - love. I've seen a few people ask, "five favorite whats?!" and the answer is .... anything! Anything/one/idea you fancy. Here we go with mine ...
1. Levi's Trucker Jacket - I really am not the biggest believer in "investment pieces" because my favorite favorite pair of jeans were $3 at the Goodwill and were originally from the chic boutique Forever XXI - SO! I'm not sold on $$$ = wear forever and always but I do believe in this jacket. I'm generally cold if I'm indoors in the summer thanks to some bizarre conspiracy that all air conditioners in public places need to be set at: overzealous and this jacket is a step up from my usual cardigan and it goes with everything - mmm actually I don't know if I can do denim on denim but .... we'll see.
2. Firmoo Glasses - favorite frames (and I have an embarrassingly large collection) and they only cost $16 with prescription lenses y todo. If the kids actually succeed at breaking them - I'll have a dramatic Holstein and then just order another pair.
3. Kork-Ease - I got REALLY lucky and found a pair of these in my size (not this exact pair - THAT would be phenom) on eBay a few weeks ago and I wore them all over cobblestoned tarnation last night and they really are SO so so comfortable. I've become one of those funions that walks around the shoe store for many minutes before making a purchase because comfort is key to me and my feets these days. I'm scared for the heels in my closet at home because they might get the boot (I had to - hate me if you must) when we get home.
4. Teachers! - (I asked my bff with a now private blog who is a high school teacher if she took offense to the eCard and she said "hell no!" so ... hopefully it's okay) I think you have the most difficult job - you do! Give me 29 Julias over 29 high schoolers any day. I appreciate you. You're the very best.
5. My Main Man - get your gush goggles on. Ick. I think when Simon arrives at the pearlies, God or Peter will greet him with, "oh, you were married to Grace? come riiiiiiiiiight in" because - I'm a treasure of a wife sometimes. He's a patient man that manages to make me laugh all the time even when I really am not even close to being in a laughy mood. God bless him.
5.5 Thank you to Hallie for letting me host! Thank you thank you!!
Aaaaaaand - link it, link it real good.