I've been making a concerted effort to let the kids help in the kitchen on occasion. Sebastian loves nothing more (well, he does love to throw diapers away - my little domesticated toddler) than to empty the dirty dishwasher and stack everything into piles, admire his handiwork, rinse, and repeat. Julia has never met a cookie she didn't love so if I make cookies, we aren't at the meltdown before naps point in the day, and Theo is content - I'll let them help. It triples the prep time and makes cleanup kind of a bear but the kids love to help and I'm a softie. Simon and I have different chocolate cookie taste - he likes loads of chips and chunks of stuff and I like scant chippage and a fluffy cookie. This is my favorite recipe. Fluffy and chewy and perfect every single time - even when Bash is extra generous with the brown sugar.
a good day.
I don't mind messes like this but you know what you'll be shocked to know I avoid like the Bubonic?? Cleaning the oven. If we ever remodel the kitchen you better believe that I'll be campaigning to put in a LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range.
Here's how the EasyClean™ works in three simple steps:
1. Spray the oven interior with water
2. press the EasyClean button
3. then in just 20 minutes, wipe away any residual bits of grime. No chemicals or high heat needed to keep the oven sparkling clean.
I don't know if anything in our kitchen (fine! the entire house) sparkles but you know that feeling after you've cleaned one room in the house and you keep absent-mindedly going back in to admire your handiwork? No? Just me? Well .... I'd love the oven to be that room all the time. Love that.
Then I'd feel only a little bit less guilty about letting the oven clean itself while I lick the cookie crumbs off the deck after my little weirds have devoured all of "their" handiwork ...
Just a little.
Now it’s your turn to tell me - what is YOUR favorite recipe that leaves your oven messy? Let me know in the comments for your chance to win your own LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range!
No duplicate comments.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS LEFT IN THE COMMENT OTHERWISE IF YOU WIN ... HOW WILL I TELL YOU? HOW?
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 - 7/15/13.