(linking up with FLAP, you should do the same!)
1. Simon asked if that was a position I assumed naturally in everyday life
2. which made me laugh like a horse because he was right on the lettuce - no.
3. ah! immodesty hole in my t-shirt
I've always had a knack for dressing inappropriately for the weather (my blog that will talk solely about the weather should be up and running soon ... in the mean time I still need to talk about it because it makes me really angry) and this morning was no different. Even though it is basically May which is basically the middle of summer it was still a frozen tundra this morning but we were running late (uncharacteristically, of course) so I had to brave the conditions in my casual corner on top + prairie mom on the bottom. It was warm in time for the FLAP shoot but still ... this weather is driving me to threaten to drink. By the time August and its 111 degree temperatures roll around I'll be donning leopard mink and fleece lined platform sneaks but right now I just want to wear dresses that spur me to ask Simon, "is this too short?" and he pauses for a long time and says, "do you think it's too short?" which means, "um yes but please don't spiral your annoyance at me" which doesn't matter because I leave the confines of our house .......... never.
What else? Nothing.
shirt: (poorly altered by guess who?) American Apparel
clogs: Moheda c/o
Julia: C+ only because we brought her security blanket because she was running a fever and I recently had, "sucker" inked onto my ribcage
Bash: D which really should be an F but sympathy points because his request for a handshake from the priest was ignored as we walked out
Theo: A+ sat pretty in his car seat the entire time
And now for some photos and captions from this afternoon because this is a blog and that's what blogs do (other than post deep and introspective outfit photos that you care about deeply, I'm sure) ...
1. I asked Julia who dressed her in that sweet little getup? Her answer, "um, just my Simon."
2. I think Julia told me 48 times in a row that Sebastian had "poopy on his fay-yace!!" and I think Sebastian stood just like that for the entirety of her tattling tirade.
3. I have no idea what they're doing here but I can guarantee it's nothing my yardwork skillset can handle.
4. He gets his smile from his smiley mother.
5. While we were all outside toiling carrot top was inside chatting with the ceiling fan turned to still as a statue setting. Spoiled.
Have a tolerable afternoon.