29 November 2010
23 November 2010
1. A few nights ago I heard Simon walk into the bathroom and step onto the scale to weigh himself (as opposed to all those other things people do when stepping on a scale). After a medium-sized pause he called out, "Grace, how much do you think jeans weigh?"
2. As Simon was greeting me with a kiss (and catching a whiff of my apppppparently offensive breath) that same evening he again paused and very seriously asked, "uh.............have you been snacking on one of Julia's diapers??"
22 November 2010
|scare factor upped when she dons her pink and leopard print loooong geriatric nighty|
|ugly, ugly, ugly|
19 November 2010
Have a wonderful weekend.
18 November 2010
1. Pampers diapers are the worst. Worst. I will be boycotting them for the rest of my life ... just as soon as we have used up the two boxes that contain over 200 of the blasted things.
2. As Simon was leaving for class earlier he gave me a brief hug and said..."if you HAPPEN to find yourself in a shower this afternoon with maybe some soap...lots of soap..that wouldn't be the WORST thing in the world..."
Apparently he doesn't appreciate that I have been sacrificing all time previously dedicated to hygienic practices in order to try to sweat off these last million pesky postpartum pounds.
17 November 2010
If you need me, I will be harvesting steroid enhanced coffee beans and brewing the strongest coffee in the whole entire universe that shall be sweetened with Red Bull and spiced with a Monster Energy Drink.
16 November 2010
1. The super skinnies shouldn't stand in the front of the room during exercise classes.
2. Also, the super skinnies shouldn't wear spandex while standing in the front of the room during exercise classes.
3. Babies shouldn't spit up in their mother's clean ponytails.
4. Babies also shouldn't be allowed to cry like their world has come crashing down around them when they are alone in a moving car with their mother.
5. I shouldn't bake and devour large quantities of decadent, sugary things late at night.
6. Cold weather shouldn't exist.
7. Four am shouldn't be a time seen by anyone. (all humans included)
8. I shouldn't complain so much.
Cheerfully and happily (obviously) yours,
15 November 2010
I've been having a difficult time finding a good book to sink my hungry teeth into these days. After too many minutes of browsing the library shelves I returned home with a mediocre book with a super cheesy title (not to be revealed to the masses...but it may sound something like A Miracle at St. Cecilia's...maybe). It has been getting the job done...eight minutes of mindless reading before bed and a page reluctantly devoured here and there throughout the day. I was clearly not nearly discriminating enough while picking out the blessed book as Simon recently picked up the book and read the description out loud to me...trying not to laugh TOO hard...
"If you like the series Touched by an Angel...this is the book for you..."
and back to the biblioteca I go.
11 November 2010
She just stares and stares and stares
Nothing can deter her from her favorite pastime ... she does not let anyone nor anything get in the way of her staring...
Sometimes we have to give her a little startle and tempt a smile to bring her back to reality...indoors.
But as sooooon as we look away she settles RIGHT back in for a nice long stare...
Simon has joked that she must be under the impression that her mother is the East window and her father is the South window and that she is an obvious product of their love. She must be paying some serious homage to her proverbial parentals.
10 November 2010
Here we have little J showing off her headband made by the very talented ANNA and her ability to sit up with the help of a chair:
She requested that we let her TRY walking the other day...she decided the attempt was a tad premature but appreciated our efforts, of course:
Feeling rather adventurous, Julia asked that she be hoisted onto Simon's shoulders so that she might gather his hair into a pony/rat tail. I would say she succeeded:
She is such a kind little dear. In an attempt to hide her mom's postpartum face chub...Julia put on HER fattest face for this photo:
08 November 2010
The most lovely fairy Godmother in all of the land with her inquisitve little Goddaughter...
Mary is hosting a superbly wonderful giveaway over at her BLOG....go go go!!!
And...over here at Camp Patton we have a little camper that seems to require fewer hours of sleep than the average bear. If she so much as smells an activity in which she is not included...she lets us know in her dialect of screech and scream.
Happy Monday night.
05 November 2010
Simon: Give me a high five
Grace: ok, why? (high five)
Simon: We already ate dinner, loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and it is merely............5:07 pm.
ALSO...to continue and maintain the geriatric lifestyle that we lead oh so successfully these days...
Last night I went to the library in search of some John Steinbeck but instead came back with a book entitled "B is for Beer" and this movie that brought back some not so pleasant memories from last year...
03 November 2010
2. Arm flailing, leg stomping adult temper tantrum.
3. Thigh, upper arm and ear lobe jiggling 'dance'.
4. A crazyperson's recreation.
5. Knee slapping, laugh inducing and permanent eyebrow raising by any outsiders.
6. High volume of highly inappropriate hip thrusting, hip circling and hip gyrating.
7. A class I will never, ever attend again after making the fatal mistake of doing so last night.
Onto a more pleasant subject matter:
Aunt Emily and Julia
Simon and daughter Julia
Grace, Julia and nursing cover (thank you to Genevieve's mom for loaning--favorite invention of all time)
Uncles Paul, Andrew, Pedro and niece Julia
A most feminine Genevieve and her boyfriend, Julia